Thursday, February 19, 2009

Featuring Etsy Shops!

Today I am starting a new page in my Blog

I decided to help my fellow Etsyans and feature their shops in my Blog.
Here it comes…..


http://www.sugarskull7.etsy.com/ is owned and operated by a multitasker who is a full-time dog trainer, part-time artist..but would love for it to be the other way around. Most of her artwork is in the form of hand-carved rubber stamps. She has done hand carving for over 13 years and brought her art work to perfection. Check out her shop on Etsy and you will find beautiful stamps for any occasion.

sugarskull7's also creates custom handcarved stamps for many shops, taking shop's logo and turning it into a stamp. So if you are a shop owner and need your logo on an stamp, give her a holor! I am ordering mine this week, so that I can stamp my mail, when I send it to my customers.
I asked Sugarskull7 some questions that I though you'd all like to know:

How did you decide to start your own business?
It's something I've dreamed of doing for years but never had time for. Now that I have a more flexible schedule, I've been able to indulge my creative side once again. A friend told me about Etsy, so that's when I decided to try selling my work!

What are your inspirations? Everything around me!

What is your most favorite item in your shop?
Hmmm..it's a toss-up. I like my day of the dead girl a lot, but I just carved a new poison bottle that was really fun. I like how it turned out.

Do you have any favorite shops on Etsy?
Oh yes! If I tried to name them all, we'd run out of room. A few that I really love are TerraMaya, Regalos Del Sol, and fellow carvers Corrabelle, JackBear and Craftpudding. Seriously, though, there are SO many great shops here and I have MANY favorites

And finally, here are some samples of Sugarskull7's work. Enjoy!


















You can click on the pictures if you'd like to purchase any of the stamps and it will take you directly to Sugarskull7's shop at Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment